Organic sugaring, or sugaring, is a hair-removal technique that uses natural ingredients like organic sugar, lemon juice, and water. Sugaring is gentle on the skin and suitable for all skin types. It's great for sensitive skin and keeps the hair from growing back for a long time. Sugaring can remove hair from almost any part of your body, so it's a great option for people who find waxing difficult.
Before sugaring, you will want to ensure that your skin is clean and free of hair and bacteria. During the sugaring procedure, the sugar mixture is heated and applied to the skin. As the mixture cools, it hardens. The hardened mixture is then pulled off of the skin, one section at a time.
Benefits of Sugaring
Sugaring can be a great option for those with sensitive skin, as sugar is softer than wax. On average, sugaring results last around 1-2 weeks. The benefits of sugaring include the following:
- Fewer ingrown hairs as you are pulling with the direction of hair growth rather than against.
- Suits sensitive skin because it does not adhere to the skin as much as soft wax or hard wax.
- Doesn't cause any irritation as the sugar is made of only sugar, water, and lemon juice.
- Sugaring helps exfoliate the skin, leaving skin softer.
- Sugaring doesn't leave a sticky residue on the skin, so you won't feel sticky or uncomfortable after sugaring.
Is Sugaring Right For Me?
Sugaring is natural, gentle, and effective for all skin types and hair textures. Sugaring is an exfoliating process, so we recommend every 3-4 weeks for best results. Most clients experience better skin after just a few treatments, and we realize everyone's skin is different. Your skin will feel softer and smoother, and your hair will be softer, finer, and lighter.
At Love Medical Spa, we offer full-body, back, legs, bikini, and Brazilian sugaring. Our estheticians are trained in proper technique and sanitation. We accomplish this by sterilizing all sugaring and waxing instruments after every use, using fresh strips, and strict adherence to our sanitation protocols. The pricing info for our sugaring procedure is as below:
- Full Leg:$160
- Full Leg with Thong Bikini:$220
- Full Leg with Brazilian:$225
- Upper Arm: $60
- Lower Arm:$60
- Full Arm: $90
- Hands and Fingers:$30
- Brow Touch Up: $45
- Brow Shaping and Consultation: $70
- Ears: $30
- Chin (No Beard):$35
- Chin with Coarse Hair: $60
- Full Face without Brows:$60
- Full Face with Brows: $92
- Bikini: $75
- Brazilian: $92
To schedule an appointment for sugaring, visit our office, Love Medical Spa, at 2250 NW Flanders St., Portland, OR 97210. You can also reach us at (971) 500-9009.