A chemical peel is a cosmetic treatment that uses acids to exfoliate the outer layers of the skin and make it appear younger and healthier. A chemical peel is a non-invasive procedure that doesn’t involve any incisions or surgery. The chemical peels are also known as a chemical facelift, as they help rejuvenate the skin.
What is the purpose of a chemical peel?
A chemical peel helps remove the old skin cells and leaves the new ones on the surface. It helps rejuvenate the skin, leading to a reduction in wrinkles, blemishes, and other signs of aging.
You can get an aesthetic chemical peel from Love Medical Spa to give you flawless-looking skin.
What are the different types of chemical peels?
There are three main types of chemical peels:
- Salicylic Acid Peel: It is a mild acid that helps remove the dead layers of skin and gives your skin a bright and even tone. The treatment can be performed at home or in a medical facility.
- Glycolic Acid Peel: Glycolic acid is an organic acid that helps exfoliate your skin by removing dead cells from its surface. This type of peel helps with fine lines and wrinkles on your face.
- Lactic Acid Peel: This type of chemical peel is used to treat acne and hyperpigmentation on your skin. It typically requires more than one session for complete results.
What are the benefits of having a chemical peel done?
There are several benefits of getting a chemical peel done on your skin. Some of them are:
- It removes the outer layer of your skin, making it appear younger.
- Chemical peels help reduce wrinkling and other signs of aging on your face.
- It gives you a radiant glow to your skin by eliminating dark spots on your face.
- Chemical peels help remove hyperpigmentation from your face.
- What is the procedure behind a chemical peel?
- A chemical peel is basically performed in two steps:
- The application of a chemical solution on your face and neck area.
- Removing the solution through scrubbing and rinsing with water.
The process may be repeated several times to get better results during the treatment session. After you are done with the treatment, you may use sunscreen when you go out in the sun to prevent or treat sunburn or injury to your skin caused by exposure to sunlight after getting a chemical peel done.
To learn more about our injectables & fillers, visit our office, Love Medical Spa, at 2250 NW Flanders St., Portland, OR 97210. You can also reach us at (971) 500-9009 and schedule an appointment.