Wrinkle-relaxing injections are a highly effective muscle-relaxing agent meticulously designed to temporarily smooth out the appearance of wrinkles on the forehead, areas around the eyes, and those pesky lines between the eyebrows.
- Hydration is key to preparing your skin for wrinkle-relaxing injections. Make sure to drink at least 64 ounces of water before your appointment, as this will help keep your skin hydrated and plump.
- To ensure a smooth injection process, be sure to moisturize the areas where the injections will be administered. This step helps soften the skin and makes it more receptive to the treatment.
- Boosting your immune system with vitamin C can promote faster healing after receiving wrinkle-relaxing injections. Take 2000 mg of vitamin C every day leading up to your therapy session for optimal results.
- In order to minimize potential complications or side effects, it's important to avoid specific substances prior to your treatment. For seven days beforehand, steer clear of aspirin, Ginkgo Biloba, vitamin E, turmeric, omega-3 fatty acids, and alcohol consumption (at least four days in advance). These substances can thin blood or increase risk factors during the procedure.
- Three days before and three days following your treatment session with wrinkle-relaxing injections, refrain from using retinol-based products or those containing exfoliating acids. This precaution reduces the likelihood of experiencing irritation or redness on treated areas of skin.
Post-Treatment Care and Instructions
After receiving wrinkle-relaxing injections, it's crucial to follow these post-treatment care guidelines to ensure optimal results and minimize any potential side effects.
- Avoid touching or rubbing the treated area for at least four hours after the procedure. This will prevent the product from spreading into unintended areas and help maintain its desired effect on targeted wrinkles.
- Refrain from engaging in strenuous physical activity or exercise for 24 hours following your injection. Excessive movement can potentially affect the distribution of the injectable product, compromising its effectiveness.
- It is advisable to sleep with your head elevated during the first night after treatment. Keeping your head slightly elevated minimizes swelling and promotes proper circulation, aiding in a quicker recovery process.
- Do not consume alcohol for at least 24 hours as it can increase bruising risk and interfere with healing processes. Additionally, avoid taking blood-thinning medications unless instructed otherwise by your healthcare provider.
- To reduce post-injection swelling, apply cold compresses gently on the treated area for short intervals within the first few hours. Be sure not to press too firmly; light pressure will suffice to provide relief without disrupting the injected solution's positioning.
- If you experience mild discomfort or headache post-treatment, over-the-counter pain relievers like acetaminophen may be used if approved by your doctor. However, refrain from using aspirin or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
If you have any specific questions about the treatment, don't hesitate to ask! We are here to give you all the information you need to get ready for your treatment and are always happy to answer any questions you may have.